The time has come to begin the voting for the “Qualifying Round” of our “Worst Tweet of the Year” Competition for 2021! While our Blue Check of the Year qualifying vote will end at the beginning of November, this competition will have the first round of voting open for another month, when we will then begin the next round. A few quick notes about this one:
1. Tweets MUST be from a Twitter user with a Blue Checkmark.
2. “Replies” to a given Tweet ARE eligible for the competition, but they CAN NOT include any other tweets that may have been included in the thread. Quite simply, replies should be able to stand on their own for consideration.
3. Deleted Tweets ARE allowed to be submitted. If you are sharing an image of the tweet, it would be helpful if the “This Tweet has been deleted” message was included.
4. Tweets with images included ARE allowed to be submitted. Those that include videos ARE allowed as well, but it must be able to stand on its own without the video.
5. If some amount of context is needed on a Tweet, it can be provided but must be BRIEF. You will see some examples of this below.
6. Tweets must be relatively ORIGINAL in order to be considered. If it’s something that’s cliché or a tweeted commonly by others, it will not count.
Be sure to check this page frequently, as new entries can be added at any moment as they happen. Each day, you will be allowed 3 votes as well, so be sure to let your voice be heard!
- Sort by: